Who we are
We are a unique people who have been formed into a missional culture. We are “good trees” determined to “bear good fruit.” Here is how we briefly describe who we have become:
Who we are meant to be
We are a circle of hope in Jesus Christ:
a movement of cells multiplying congregations,
a people called to reconciliation,
an opportunity to explore and express God’s love.
What we are given to do
We create an environment where people can connect with God and act for redemption.
Loving the thirsty people of our fractured region,
we keep generating a new expression of the church
to resist and restore with those moved by the Holy Spirit.
Convictions that drive us
These eleven statements point to the heart of our purpose and mission, stated above. They express something of what fuels us, how we see God refining us and shaping us, and how we want to live in light of the Bible and in tune with the Spirit of Jesus.
- Jesus is best revealed incarnationally.
- We are called to move with what the Spirit is doing next.
- We are meant to go deep with God.
- We must be doers of the word.
- Generating justice and hope in our neighborhood must be at the heart of us.
- We are called out to be a living organism, building community together in love.
- Dialogue keeps us connected and protects our gravity.
- Fomenting diversity and reconciliation is at the prophetic heart of our gospel.
- We expect people to express their gifts, talents, art and worship.
- Sharing our resources brings freedom and unleashes power.
- Leadership is a team effort.