Episode 13: A More Spacious Way: reading the Bible in community
This week, the Circle of Hope pastors start with some talkback from Instagram. We asked what does discernment mean to you? This was in sync with our season of Mapping that Circle of Hope is doing right now. Mapping involves what we as a church will decide to do over the next year and beyond, being guided by the Holy Spirit into the great things we’ll do next. After this, Jonny interviews Julie on her experience with the Bible, from when she was younger to how she learned to engage with it in community. Lastly, the pastors celebrate the things that have recently inspired them. From Gerard Manley Hopkins, to clothing drives, worship songs, and the gift of play. All this and more on Resist and Restore!
- Circle of Hope Audio Art — All of our original music is here.
- “Take Heart,” as performed by members of our community across time and space.
- The Windhover by Gerard Manley Hopkins, the poem that Ben shared
- Miss Pennsylvania Earth, what nourished Rachel’s soul.
- How the Bible Actually Works by Pete Enns
- Some transition music was sourced from Free Music Archive — Band: Bio Unit | Song: Outer Reaches | Used under Creative Common License
About this Podcast:
Resist and Restore is a podcast by Circle of Hope. We’re extending the table of our dialogue! Tune in bi-weekly as the Circle of Hope pastors—Rachel, Ben, Julie, and Jonny—sit down to dialogue about faith, God, Jesus, the spiritual life, and everything in between. Available on Spotify, iTunes/Apple Music, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, and more.